Requirements for registering to vote
You can enroll as a Voter if you:
1. are an Indian citizen.
2. have attained the age of 18 years on the qualifying date i.e. 1st of January of the year of revision of electoral roll.
3. are ordinarily resident of the part/polling area of the constituency where you want to be enrolled.
4. are not disqualified to be enrolled as an elector.
If you meet the above criteria please visit nvsp.in to register online.
Deadlines and Key Dates
1. Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linking
All the PAN cards should be linked with Aadhaar on or before March 31, 2019, if an individual fails to do the same, then the PAN will be considered invalid after the deadline. Earlier the deadline was June 30, 2018, which was extended to March 31, 2019 by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). The Supreme Court order on Aadhaar has made it mandatory to link every PAN with Aadhaar.
2. PAN for non-individual entities deadline
Non-individuals entities which have transacted over Rs 2.5 lakh in a financial year without PAN have to apply for PAN on or before May 31, 2019.
How to register to vote offline
1. You can also enroll offline. Fill two copies of Form 6.This form is also available free of cost in offices of Electoral Registration Officers / Assistant Electoral Registration Officers and Booth Level Officers.
2.The application accompanied by copies of the relevant documents can be filed in person before the concerned Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral Registration Officer or sent by post addressed to him or can be handed over to the Booth Level Officer of your polling area.
3. Call 1950 for any help (Please add your STD code before 1950).. For more information read the Voter Brochure on http://ecisveep.nic.in/.
Register online to Vote
1. General Voters need to fill Form 6 (Link to online form). This form is also for 'First time voters' and 'voters who have shifted to another constituency'
2. NRI Voter need to fill form 6A (Link to online form)
3. Please fill Form 8 (Link to online form) for any change in (Name, Photo, Age, EPIC Number, Address, Date of birth, Age, Name of relative, Type of relation, Gender).
4. In case of shifting from one place of residence to another place of residence within the same constituency please fill Form 8A (Link to online form).
Please note : Voters need to fill Form 6 (Link to online form) if they are shifting from one constituency to another. For more information, please see the Voter Guide on http://ecisveep.nic.in/